Title: Body (Trinity Trilogy, Book 1)
Author: Audrey Carlan
Genre: Erotic Romance
Release Date: November 17, 2014
Hosted By: DRC Promotions
Men ruin women.
Especially men like Chase Davis. Good looking, intelligent, rich and powerful. I never stood a chance.
I didn’t want to want him.
I didn’t want to need him.
I didn’t want to fall for him.
He wouldn’t take no for an answer, and I let him consume me. Arrogant, confident, controlling, demanding … intense.
When he entered my life, I was finally healing after having barely survived the men of my past. My soul sisters told me to take a chance. To let someone in. I let him in, and he surrounded me with a light so bright I was blinded by the truth…
Men don’t ruin women.
They devour them in every way that counts.
Warning: This book is designed for audiences 18+ due to language, graphic sexual content, and themes that some may find disturbing. BODY is book 1 of a three-part trilogy. Book 1 has a “Happy for Now” type ending.
BUY THE BOOK
Michelle’s Review – ♥♥♥♥♥
This is the first book I’ve read from Audrey Carlan and it definitely won’t be the last. I’m hooked on this trilogy and pretty much was from the get-go.
Gillian was a very likeable heroine, dealing with the past and her shitty boyfriend and what she suffered whilst she was with him is terrible. I can understand her caution about giving up her control to Chase and her needing some semblance of rational in her life.
Chase, oh Lord is he a control freak, but jeepers he can control me any day! He’s a great book boyfriend, even with his control he oozes charm, kindness and he cares about ‘his woman’. Sigh, methinks I love Chase!
Body is a great start to this trilogy I wonder at where the story is going to go next. It was full of intrigue, friendship, secrecy, love, hurt, passion (Oh my! The passion is HAWT!) This didn’t have a massive cliff-hanger per se but it will definitely leave you wanting more.
I hope there is a tour for book 2 as both myself and Rob want on it to find out what happens next! I, like him, am totally hooked on wanting more of Gillian and Chase and all the Davis’ and the Besos….. Roll on December 2014!
Rob’s Review – ♥♥♥♥♥
What an absolutely great book! This is my first outing with Audrey Carlan and isn’t going to be my last. I have my eye on another set she’s written already. Yes she is that good!
Gillian is such a strong woman, strong because she is a survivor. She had a terrible relationship in the past which has obviously scarred her mentally and physically, but she has come through the other side. She has managed to open her heart to another man. I could see where her insecurities came from and totally understand them. I liked that she wasn’t a doormat and questioned things that Chase did.
Chase…Lol he was your typical alpha man. Me Tarzan, you Jane to the max in this book. It was good to see that the relationship they had was intense but had a purity to it. He’s been burned romantically in the past but again, he’s moved on and found another he could love.
These two characters just connected. I could feel their intensity. I could feel the heat coming off their loins. I could smell her arousal and feel the lust in their bodies.
What stands out for me in this book is the camaraderie of the friendship group. Each friend played a part in each of their lives and I couldn’t help but hope for HEA’s for them too.
The writing is top notch. I didn’t find it over-wordy or flowery. The story ran smoothly along, taking me on their journey. I loved the oooh moments, the aww moments, the phoarrr moments and the OMFG moments!
Ten Fun Facts About Body(Trinity Trilogy – Book 1)
by Audrey Carlan
1. Gillian (Gigi) is the name that my husband and I would have named a child had we ever had a little girl. Alas, I am surrounded by men but loving it!
2. The three soul sisters are loosely based on my very own three best friends. They enjoy seeing what I put their character through. For example, Maria’s character is very different from my best friend Dyani, but they do have core similarities. My girl is fiercely protective, was an incredible contemporary dancer, is Italian and does speak Spanish, even though it’s not her heritage. She however, does not have a potty mouth and was not a victim of domestic violence like her character.
3. The three men aside from main character Chase Davis are loosely based on my soul sisters husbands.
4. My mother was a victim of domestic violence and writing this novel was something very cathartic for me, and I hope it gave the issue a bit more light. Young women, just out of high school can easily fall victim to domestic violence and being so young and impressionable are, in my opinion, often easier to manipulate into believing it’s there fault or they deserved the treatment they received.
5. San Francisco is very near and dear to me as it is less than a two hour drive from my home. Plus, I’ve personally not read a trilogy set in San Francisco.
6. The trinity symbol is extremely prevalent in my life and always has been. My soul sisters and I plan to get a tattoo with it, however, one sister is dragging her feet. The compromise is, if this trilogy makes it onto the New York Times bestselling list one day, she’ll get the tattoo. <crossing fingers> Not sure what I want more, the tattoo or the list! Both would be incredible.
7. Fun fact about this novel is it’s actually the first book I ever wrote but the fourth being published. This novel in particular holds more of my life and heart than anything I’ve written to date. During the developmental edit process I just had a really hard time separating myself from the book and couldn’t be objective. I took the advice of my mentor author Jess Dee and set it aside…for a YEAR! Then after I wrote the Falling Series (3 full length novels) I then was capable of going back to it. I think it’s a better book because of it.
8. I’m a pantser. The extent of my plotting is a one liner for each chapter but not usually until I’m halfway through writing it. Body was entirely written with very little plotting. I just let the muse go crazy and this is what happened!
9. The main character Chase has family members that names all start with a “C.” Chase, Carson, Cooper, Craig, Colleen, Chloe, Charles.
10. Heat level in this book runs at about an 8 out of 10. I like to write erotic sex scenes that make you feel something. I think you’ll find them so hot you’ll need your mate at the ready. <wink>
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Audrey Carlan is a professional fundraiser for an international healthcare related charity by day, and a sensual and erotic contemporary romance writer by night. She lives in the sunny California Valley two hours away from the city, the beach, the mountains and the precious…the vineyards. She has been married to the love of her life for 10 years and has two young children that live up to their title of “Monster Madness” on daily basis. When she’s not raising money, sipping wine with her “soul sisters”, three incredibly different and unique voices in her life, she can be found with her nose stuck in book or her Kindle. A hot, smutty, romantic book to be exact!
In life she believes that all things have their purpose even if we are unable to determine the purpose immediately.
CONNECT WITH AUDREY
Email address: email@example.com
a Rafflecopter giveaway